Public Service Health Care Plan (PSHCP) & Pensioners’ Dental Services Plan (PDSP) Premiums
CF Pensioners receive a T4 from Specialized Services Division (Cdn Forces Pension Forces Cdn) however the T4 DOES NOT include the premiums paid to the Public Service Health Care Plan (PSHCP) & Pensioners’ Dental Services Plan (PDSP).
PSHCP premium payments ARE CLAIMABLE as medical expenses along with any other expenses you may have, such as your out-of-pocket costs for Prescriptions, dental care, eye glasses, other claimable aids or devices, etc. For a complete list search “Medical Expenses” on the CRA website.
To learn how much you can claim, and to obtain a copy of the letters you can use to make a claim, call:
- PSHCP, for health care plan premium details, call 1-800-267-6542; or,
- PDSP/Dental, for dental plan premium details, call 1-800-267-0350
- Ask the person answering to place your name in a database and send you a letter to use with your tax returns.
- You can request it be prior years’ information, if you’ve paid for years but have not claimed in the past
- Ask them to ensure that in future years you automatically receive the letter without having to call again.
- We have been told that once the call is connected, it takes about four minutes.
PLEASE HELP & SHARE this info to all. Thanks!